Difference Between Stage 1 and Stage 2 Baby Foods : Bebe Burp
Difference Between Stage 1 and Stage 2 Baby Foods
Since there is no set standard for labelling food products, baby food stages can be really confusing. Slightly different naming conventions are used by different brands, and they will most probably list different recommended age ranges on the product for each stage.
Other than specific naming or branding, the main difference between both these stages can be seen in the:
- Ingredients: baby food belonging to stage 1 are mostly made from single ingredients, while stage 2 baby foods are made by blending two or even more ingredients together. They may still have vegetables and fruits as the primary ingredients while baby foods of stage 2 often include legumes, meat, and grains. Stage 2 would also include a few spices.
- Texture: Stage 1 baby foods are usually very soupy and smoothly pureed to drip off the spoon, while foods belonging to stage 2 are soft but roughly blended, pureed, or strained. These foods would have a denser, thicker consistency, and would include soft chunks of the food that your baby can gum up before swallowing and not choke on it.
How Long Should This Stage Last?
Stage 2 typically lasts for 1-4 months, depending on when the baby has started it until they show signs that they are ready for stage 3. But, do not worry about the exact date since each baby has a unique journey. For most babies, the switch from stage 2 to stage 3 foods will occur when they are around 10 months of age.
A few of the signs to show their readiness for stage 3 is centred around your baby’s interest to eat on his own. That’s when you would notice the following:
- Reaching for the spoon when you feed.
- Pushing your hand away when you feed.
- Playing with the bowls and plates while feeding.
- Almost mastering the pincer grasp.
- Showing better hand-eye coordination.
However, it is best not to worry about the exact timeline of your bay’s transition to stage 3 as the process is natural, and it varies from one infant to another.
Tags : organic baby food, baby food , instant baby food, baby food 6 months, baby food at 4 months, baby food at 4 months, baby food at 4 months, baby food healthy, gerber, nestle, Holle, Evermaa, slurpfarm, cookies, cookies recepie, oatmeal cookies, ragi cookies, cookies near me, baby cookies, baby biscuits Website tahgs : Keyword 6 month baby food chart, baby food, 7 months baby food, 7 months baby food chart, 7 month baby food chart, 6 month baby food, 10 months baby food, 1 year baby food, baby food chart, 10 months baby food chart, farex baby food, baby food recipes 6-8 months, baby food product, 6 month old baby food, 4 month baby food, 8 month baby food chart, 1 year baby food chart, 11 month baby food, 8 month baby food recipes, 5 months baby food chart, protein powder, whey protein powder, best protein powder, amway protein powder, best protein powder in india, women protein powder, protein powder for men, b protein powder, nutrilite protein powder, oziva protein powder, d protein powder, ensure protein powder, protein powder for weight gain, best protein powder for weight gain, vestige protein powder, protein powder for women, herbalife protein powder, protein powder for weight loss, porridge, porridge meaning, porridge meaning in hindi, porridge oats, porridge pronunciation, rice porridge, porridge in hindi, ragi porridge, what is porridge, porridge meaning in english, porridge meaning in tamil, porridge meaning in telugu, porridge meaning in bengali, porridge recipe, oatmeal porridge.